HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition
(2020-04-16, 20:50)Jayson Wonder Wrote: This helped me a lot but I must be missing something as I have a few problems with my setup.

I have shared my media with all devices via SMB network share and I have the MYSQL database up an running successful. I built a fresh library on one of the devices and copied over my advancedsettings.xml. No problems aside from a handful of movies that would not get scrapped (like 10 out of 200 is not bad).

For those "problem files", I scanned individually and found the correct metadata with a manual search / editing the title and re-scrapping in Kodi. None of those re-scrapped files had art so I found the images and downloaded them to a shared folder and added the art manually in Kodi. So now the library looks perfect, all files are with their proper title and info data and all files have a poster art displayed. Just what I want......

Now when I go to the new device and start Kodi and check the library and all of my movies show up but the 10 "problem files" seem to loose the artwork I manually added. I thought it would share the location of that art with all devices...

I feel like there should be a local network share address in that column perhaps like
url:
SMB://NAS/movieart/poster.jpg

Any thoughts on this issue and how to make the art data share regardless of where is originates?

Thanks

Once you fix your problem files, export the artwork. The new devices will then find it during import. Or just copy the Textures.db file and Thumbnails folder to the new devices.

Personally, I wouldn't attempt a mysql db without having a "perfect" library to start with. It took me a couple of weeks, but I refreshed every movie/tv show/episode, scrolled through all actors on the Info page so actor thumbs would be cached, scrolled through the movie and tv show library so fanart is cached, and each episode so episode thumbs were cached. Same with Music artists and albums, sourced artwork for ones that were missing, created .nfo files for oddball ones, etc. Only then did I export everything.

-edit- And of course I spoke too soon. I switched from mysql to mariadb and ran into a similar issue, but with only one artist. I had exported the images, but for some reason it didn't scrape on import, had to browse the artist info folder to find the 'local file'.

Messages In This Thread
RE: HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition - by burcs - 2020-10-05, 16:04
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition2