Social Media Integration
Hi,

i would love to be able to share interesting finds with friends that use xbmc, too. Why not use google plus or diaspora for this?

Select content inside an addon, press share, choose contact, done.
That contact should then get a notification (xbmc could parse his g+-profile for specific flags like [XBMC]).
Upon selecting the message, he should be represented with any metadata my addon did display for this entry, and with another click any needed dependencies (any addons) come up with a prompt, and get installed. Afterwards the shared content automatically starts playing.

What do you think about it?
You asked for it - i think this request is complete bullshit Smile

Next time please use the search function:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=148725

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=124013

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=52501
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
as it is now, whenever i find/see something i want to send a friend, i have to close xbmc, google the content i just watched through an addon (like the online portal of a local tv channel), and share the link via browser.
this feels like the informational stone age, i have no idea in what way this workaround could possibly be acceptable.
Using email for email is unacceptable?

Did you read those links? Checked the addons like ShareSocial and trakt.tv they talk about in those?
Did you try them?

If they don't do exactly what you want you are free to improve them.
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
(2013-02-26, 02:54)MassIV Wrote: Using email for email is unacceptable?
1990 just called... did you just sleep during any technological advancements of the last 20 years?
(2013-02-26, 02:54)MassIV Wrote: Did you read those links? Checked the addons like ShareSocial and trakt.tv they talk about in those?
Did you try them?
That xbmc-dev was so nice to edit his post retroactively.
(2013-02-26, 02:54)MassIV Wrote: If they don't do exactly what you want you are free to improve them.
Any ideas what a "SUGGESTION" is supposed to be?
Seriously, a mediacenter of 2013 without any real integration of social media (be it FB, g+, diaspora or whatever),
is a fail, and way beyond the current needs.

Ever wondered why Boxee (a fork of xbmc) supported social media out of the box? well, think about it, good luck.
how's that Boxee working out for you now... ?
(2013-02-26, 07:28)davilla Wrote: how's that Boxee working out for you now... ?

Although davilla has a good point the other point is you can already do this with the add-ons linked above if you want to be able to post to other things then you need to convince one of the addon devs to do it because if I have my say social media integration will never be out of the box Smile
useless.
Hey welcome XBMC to the world of failed Media Centers. Smile
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2013-02-26, 11:06)Memphiz Wrote: Hey welcome XBMC to the world of failed Media Centers. Smile

Lol, xbmc was around before social media sites existed and will still be here when they've gone the way of AltaVista
WHAT ? AltaVista is gone ?, who do I email ? Smile
Not gone, but not in the mainstream like it was before Google.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Social Media Integration0