Compatible addons
The wiki here http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Ras..._and_skins says that XBMC for Pi can use "all non-platform specific add-ons and skins" although elsewhere I read that addons have to be specially compiled for the Pi.

The reason I'm asking is because I copied a few addons from my Windows XBMC to my Pi one (Youtube, iPlayer, Global Seach, ITV Player and 4oD). The first three seem to work fine but the last two cause green flickering lines, then loss of sound and then a restart, so since reading that addons have to be specially compiled I'm wondering if that's the problem and if so, where I need to get my addons from to ensure they're compatible?
the addon just have to be Frodo compatible and if it is an video addon than it have to stream in codec what is supported by RPi
So how do I determine whether the ITV Player and 4oD addons stream in a codec supported by RPi?
start the stream and press O on keyboard what brings debug on screen or enable debugging under system settings and look into logs when u play stream.
than just check with RPi specification
OK, so there's no way to know if an addon's compatible before downloading and installing it?
btw i tested the ITV and 4oD on my RPi and they were running just fine Wink
that was few weeks ago and just for testing purpose as I dont use it much.
so your issues can be related to your XBMC ditro you using. for best check the logs as I mentioned
Yeah, it seems it may be distro related as they both worked when testing OpenElec. I've just tested Raspbmc again and 4oD didn't crash but ITV did. LiveTV is working with the Mediaportal PVR addon though, which isn't on OpenElec (it restarts XBMC whenever I try).

I can't see anything in the logs that explains why LiveTV is causing OE to reboot http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=157772 but I'll see what's in the logs for Raspbmc and ITV.
Hmm, 4oD is crashing Raspbmc again. Doesn't look like the logs will be able to help as they're overwritten on rebooting Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Compatible addons0