• 50(current)
WIP [MOD] AEON NOX (all Versions) Colored Movie and TV-Show Icons and Mediaflags
(2014-05-13, 06:08)Warner306 Wrote: I noticed a bug today with uncompressed Blu-ray rips made with MakeMKV. All of the rips show the same aspect ratio with either the color or reloaded icons selected (1.78/1 or 16:9). The default icons, on the other hand, do not show this error and report the correct aspect ratio for each movie. The same film downloaded from the Internet as a compressed Blu-ray rip is correct with either the colored or default icons.

MakeMKV is a very popular means of ripping Blu-rays where the source video stream is simply repacked in an .mkv container without applying any compression. This is straight from the retail disc. My files are all named under the same XBMC naming conventions regardless of where they came from: Movie (Year).

screenshot with codec info please.
(2014-05-12, 20:44)wgstarks Wrote: There are a few renamer apps you can use that take most of the work out of it. Basically just drag and drop and the app will add .bluray to the end of the file name, or whatever other text you might want to add.

Can you recommend one?
HTPC: AMD Ryzen 9 7900 | AMD Radeon RX 7600 XT | 32GB DDR5 6000 | 2x WD Black SN770 1TB + 182TB HDD.
TV/Audio: LG OLED CX 77 | Yamaha RX-A3070 | 5.1.2 Atmos Speaker Setup

Software:
Kodi: v21.0 Omega | Skin: Madnox.Redux v21.00.11 | OS: Windows 11 Home
(2014-05-13, 18:28)Simkin84 Wrote:
(2014-05-12, 20:44)wgstarks Wrote: There are a few renamer apps you can use that take most of the work out of it. Basically just drag and drop and the app will add .bluray to the end of the file name, or whatever other text you might want to add.

Can you recommend one?

Here's a list for windows- http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Sup...name_tools. If your on a Mac I would just use Automator to setup workflows. A google search will probably find more.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2014-05-13, 06:17)neurosis13 Wrote:
(2014-05-13, 06:08)Warner306 Wrote: I noticed a bug today with uncompressed Blu-ray rips made with MakeMKV. All of the rips show the same aspect ratio with either the color or reloaded icons selected (1.78/1 or 16:9). The default icons, on the other hand, do not show this error and report the correct aspect ratio for each movie. The same film downloaded from the Internet as a compressed Blu-ray rip is correct with either the colored or default icons.

MakeMKV is a very popular means of ripping Blu-rays where the source video stream is simply repacked in an .mkv container without applying any compression. This is straight from the retail disc. My files are all named under the same XBMC naming conventions regardless of where they came from: Movie (Year).

screenshot with codec info please.

Below is a screenshot of the MakeMKV rip displaying the incorrect aspect ratio:

The codec info:

This is the same movie downloaded from the Internet. The aspect ratio is correct here:

And one last shot of the incorrect aspect ratio, this time with the colored icon:

@warner 306

everything is correct.

look at the codec info in your second pic, there you can read 1920x1080 = 16:9

if you want the correct aspect ratio of your ripped blurays than you have to crop the black bars.
I dont know if this is possible with "make_mkv" but handbrake does it.
Blurays come with black bars when the aspect ratio is something other than 16:9.
(2014-05-13, 22:56)neurosis13 Wrote: @warner 306

everything is correct.

if you want the correct aspect ratio of your ripped blurays than you have to crop the black bars.
Blurays come with black bars when the aspect ratio is something other than 16:9.

Thanks for the information. I found a thread in the MakeMKV forums discussing this issue. I will try .nfo files to override the scanned tags. I don't want to try a another program to do the ripping; MakeMKV is too easy-to-use and great at what it is intended to do.
(2014-05-14, 01:00)Warner306 Wrote:
(2014-05-13, 22:56)neurosis13 Wrote: @warner 306

everything is correct.

Thanks for the information. I found a thread in the MakeMKV forums discussing this issue. I will try .nfo files to override the scanned tags. I don't want to try a another program to do the ripping; MakeMKV is too easy-to-use and great at what it is intended to do.

Have you tried using Ember to edit the codec info ?

I have not tried it and I am not sure what impact editing the info will have but you could try one movie as a test and see if it works
(2014-05-14, 01:00)Warner306 Wrote: Thanks for the information. I found a thread in the MakeMKV forums discussing this issue. I will try .nfo files to override the scanned tags. I don't want to try a another program to do the ripping; MakeMKV is too easy-to-use and great at what it is intended to do.

You can edit the aspect ratio in the .nfo file and it will show up properly upon a re-scan of the movie but as soon as you play it once XBMC will read the aspect ratio of the file and override the .nfo change. It's annoying as hell and the only way to get XBMC to keep the proper aspect ratio is to change the MKV header info (which will distort the video playback) or to crop the black bars out with handbrake or something. Believe me neither option is worth the annoyance. Hopefully this will be addressed in the future.

Back on topic, where are the icons for the IMDB rating seen on the TV Shows sub-menu and the Subs CC icon in the info screen. These 2 don't seem to be changed and they annoy me :/
(2014-05-14, 02:15)Batiatus Wrote: Back on topic, where are the icons for the IMDB rating seen on the TV Shows sub-menu and the Subs CC icon in the info screen. These 2 don't seem to be changed and they annoy me :/

these are bugs warlion will have to fix inside the skin code, i hope he will do it soon, i provided all the flags and icons so lets wait a little.
I put icons and well, but in List view are not, they are by default, to be the problem?
(2014-05-17, 04:44)broklyn Wrote: I put icons and well, but in List view are not, they are by default, to be the problem?

uncheck "Slim List" in view settings:

(2014-05-17, 10:57)neurosis13 Wrote:
(2014-05-17, 04:44)broklyn Wrote: I put icons and well, but in List view are not, they are by default, to be the problem?

uncheck "Slim List" in view settings:

because it has not colored icons on the list? other views are colored.
yes its a bug, you need to copy the colored studio icons into /Media/flags/studio where the uncolored studio icons are, there is the location where aeon pulls the icons for the list view in the colored modus, thats a bug warlion needs to fix.
Anyone know why my IMDB icon isn't appearing?

I have all the paths set properly and the toggle enabled in the customizer.

another known bug, needs a fix in Aeon Nox itself, i hope development picks up soon again.
  • 50(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] AEON NOX (all Versions) Colored Movie and TV-Show Icons and Mediaflags19