[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2013-03-13, 14:50)popcornmix Wrote: @MilhouseVH
One annoyance with xbcm is that some tv episodes have no screenshot/plot/rating presumably because the episode was scanned before the scraping site was updated.
This never gets fixed without a manual episode info/refresh.

Is it possible for your script to trigger a refesh on episodes with missing content?

As long as you aren't extracting thumbnails (which will create a thumbnail), then yes, I guess so... you'd need to execute the extended JSON query and determine when there is a missing thumbnail or plot from the returned results.

ie, if you add "plot" to "extrajson.tvshows.episode" in the properties file, you could run something like "./texturecache.py J tvshows" and then parse the JSON results for any missing items.

The trouble with triggering a refresh of items that have missing content is that you normally need to delete the item first - and not just from the texture cache but deletion from the media library. Definitely possible though, either by extending texturecache.py or by a script that parses the JSON results.

I'll give it some thought, though not entirely sure how to fix the problem once having identified there are missing items.

(2013-03-13, 14:50)popcornmix Wrote: (or does this feature exist anywhere else?)

I load all my meta-data from NFO files and locally stored artwork, so I wrote a script that I run on my NAS which parses the NFO files to check for missing plots, and to identify missing artwork.. not aware of any other solution, other than querying the media library database direct.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Texture Cache interrogation utility - by Milhouse - 2013-03-13, 15:05
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17