[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2013-03-29, 20:54)uNiversal Wrote: @MilhouseVH

Congrats on Github move.

Thanks!

(2013-03-29, 20:54)uNiversal Wrote: Also wanted to update you on texturecache.py used it with P, and while it emptied a lot of /userdata/Thumbnails content my Texturs#db satyed same size, so I guess it was a success though I half expected my Texturs.db to shrink, I guess I dint have anything worth removing inthere.

It should certainly be deleting both the database row and the corresponding cached file - you can confirm this by enabling the logfile option (logfile = filename) and then looking to see if any SQL deletions took place. Though I'm not sure how sqlite3 manages its database size as rows are removed - maybe it never shrinks the database (potentially expensive and counter productive) and holds on to the now free space to be re-used in the future? You can get a row count by running the x option and piping the results through "wc -l", or use the "f" option - there's a rowcount summary at the end, along with the amount of disk space used by the corresponding files.

(2013-03-29, 20:54)uNiversal Wrote: So far thumbs up and looking forward for this multithreaded thing with other switches too if that is ever a plan.

Again thanks. Though not sure what other switches to add right now, I'm fresh out of ideas... currently just tweaking the code and hoping to get to the bottom of this Pi killer issue. If you've got any suggestions for the future, fire away!

(2013-03-29, 20:54)uNiversal Wrote: Congrats and thanks again for this tool and your dedication to its continued development.

Not sure how long it will last - I only started it as a way to learn a new language, and to more easily extract rows from sqlite3 database - and now look at it... Smile
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache maintenance utility - by Milhouse - 2013-03-29, 21:13
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17