[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2013-08-12, 05:03)RockDawg Wrote: MilhouseVH - I finally decided to just nuke my whole database as there were lots of of deprecated references including tons of paths to an old server I migrated from a while back, I re-scanned everything and used your app to restore the watched status, play counts and last played dates. Worked pretty darned good. One thing I noticed though is that there were a hand full of problems during the restore. I think most were due to mismatched names. For example the movie name was Lucky # Slevin, but because of character restrictions in file names I was forced to name it Lucky Number Slevin. I'm assuming it read the movie title from the db and then tried to find the file and couldn't?

There were a couple others it errored on where I couldn't see any naming discrepancy on them. All told I think I had around 20 movies where your utility didn't restore the watched status. Not a big deal at all, but thought I'd let you know in case you were able to fix it.

Thanks again for this wonderful utility. It is a truly useful tool!

Yes, it's using the name of the movie (not the filename) to match when restoring watched status - also the year. So if the movie name or the year changes between backup and restore, that particular item will fail to restore.

You should be able to re-run the restore - it will only attempt to restore those items that failed previously, and will ignore those that were successful - if you add "@logfile=tc.log @log.verbose=yes" on the command line and upload the log I'll try and determine the cause of the failures, hopefully it's not a coding or logic error. I'll also need to know which items failed to restore.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by Milhouse - 2013-08-12, 05:29
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17