[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2013-08-13, 17:03)bry- Wrote: MilhouseVH -

I am getting tons of

Quote:17:27:52 T:432 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/c/c5f59203.jpg

errors that seem to be the source of xbmc slowing to a crawl when navigating through both movies and tv. does this utility fix this issue?

That error suggests your Textures13.db has references to thumbnails which no longer exist. Not sure why the thumbnails would be missing, but hopefully it doesn't suggest a more serious problem (such as the inability to access or write to the Thumbnails folder).

First things first, make sure you have the latest version of texturecache.py (v0.9.4) - I've just updated it with a new version adding support to more quickly fix your problem (addition of the Xd option).

To Identify those database rows that don't have matching files, run the following command:
Code:
texturecache.py X

and to delete only those rows with no corresponding thumbnail, run - this should stop the errors in XBMC:
Code:
texturecache.py Xd

Now that your texture database is more consistent with the file system, to cache the thumbnails again use the "c" option:
Code:
texturecache.py c movies
texturecache.py c tvshows
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by Milhouse - 2013-08-13, 19:11
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17