[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2013-10-02, 19:47)CaptainKen Wrote: Which command should I use to fix the backslashes? This is driving me crazy with either artwork not showing up or not updating artwork that changed.

There is no command to "fix" the backslashes - they exist in your media library and will always exist until something (not texturecache.py) removes them and replaces them with correctly formatted paths.

texturecache.py since v0.8.9 simply works around the backslash problem, automatically correcting the backslashes whenever they are encountered, but there is no attempt to permanently correct them by updating your media library. If texturecache.py is having problems processing your media library, then submit a verbose log and I'll see if there's another problem, but it shouldn't be due to backslashes (hopefully not, anyway!)

(2013-10-02, 19:47)CaptainKen Wrote: Also does your modified version of MSAA incorporate a fix?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1470825

I've not modified MSAA - to the best of my knowledge it still has this backslash/forwardslash flaw. You'll need to contact Trent to obtain a fix, but I get the impression he's lost interest/moved on, so maybe it's time to fork it.

Until such time as a modified version appears, your best bet is to run MSAA only on Linux systems, then your paths will always be "correct". If you run MSAA on a Windows system, your paths (if they are network shares) will end up mangled.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by Milhouse - 2013-10-03, 02:04
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17