[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2013-11-19, 02:44)Enlightened Wrote: I have windows 8. how do I run it on xbmc?

Once you've installed Python somewhere, eg. in C:\Python27, you would run the script as follows:
Code:
C:\Python27\python.exe C:\texturecache.py c all

This assumes you have saved the script as C:\texturecache.py, and that any properties file you create is in the same folder as the script, ie. C:\texturecache.cfg.

Unless you're running a very recent Gotham nightly, the script will require access to your XBMC Userdata folder - it will use standard default values for this, but if your're using a non-standard XBMC installation then configure the path in the properties file (set the userdata property, ie. "userdata = X:\path\to\userdata"). If however you're using a recent Gotham build (from within the last week or so) you don't need to worry about setting the userdata property or having direct access to the files in that folder (at least not for caching, or pruning).

Just one more thing - adjust the width of your command prompt window so that lines don't wrap and make the output unreadable. Right click in the title bar of your command window, select Properties from the menu, and on the Layout tab increase both "Width" settings to about 160, then click OK.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by Milhouse - 2013-11-19, 02:51
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17