[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2013-11-23, 02:01)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2013-11-23, 01:39)Enlightened Wrote: I know xbmc isn't caching the fanart I've added myself because when I go into the extrafanart folder and delete everything on my main machine
the art no longer shows up. When I re add it shows up again. So xbmc is reading the local HDD instead of adding to the thumbnail folder.

That is odd, and I can't really explain it, as that isn't really how XBMC is meant to work. Check your xbmc.log for errors (enabling debug may help) - maybe XBMC can't write to your thumbnails folder.

Can you paste the output from "jd movies <moviename>" where <moviename> is one of your movies that has this extrafanart? If it's your tv shows that have extrafanart, substitute "tvshows" for "movies" and upload the output to pastebin...

@Enlightened: Thanks for sending me your movie dumps and Textures13.db, it's starting to make a bit more sense.

If I understand how extrafanart is working, it's artwork that is only available to skins.

extrafanart doesn't appear in the media library, at least not as artwork assigned to any particular movie or tvshow. It exists within a special directory (/extrafanart, below the movie/tvshow) and the skin has to check for this directory and - if it exists - to then use (and display) whatever artwork files are present. This would explain why your extrafanart disappeared when you removed the extrafanart directory (or artwork) - the skin could no longer find anything to display.

It is possible to cache extrafanart however, so I'll see about adding similar directory checks (though it might be disabled by default). This extrafanart behaviour also has a knock-on effect for the prune functionality, as none of your cached extrafanart artwork is present in your media library and thus a prime candidate for removal. There's also extrathumbs which will need to be handled in the same way as extrafanart.

@Serak: I've just pushed v1.1.4 which fixes the N/A rating.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by Milhouse - 2013-11-23, 04:45
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17