[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2014-01-07, 12:03)rubpa Wrote: Can you explain "pre-loading the cache" again? I guess it's the cC option of your utility. Should I run it at startup on my system? If it matters, my xbmc box has inbuilt storage and no network drives are added as libraries.

No, you don't run it at boot, you only need to update the cache when you have loaded new media (movies, tvshows). And if you only have one machine, which is your scraping machine (ie. you're not using MySQL and sharing metadata amongst several clients) then the texture cache will be up to date anyway as the scraper client always has a fully populated texture cache.

So in your case it sounds like you're running a single machine, that is also your scraper, in which case you're not going to see any benefit from running the "c" option (there's no harm in running it, there just won't be any artwork that needs to be cached). Of course if for any reason you deleted your Textures13.db or Thumbnails files, then you could run the "c" option and repopulate your cache with the minimum of effort (the alternative is to browse slowly through your Library, displaying every possible item of artwork...)

When running a distributed MySQL setup it's very likely that the non-scraper clients will be missing artwork, so whenever new artwork is added by the scraper client its usually beneficial to initiate a cache pre-load on all the remaining clients using the "c" option (which will only cache artwork that isn't yet cached).

The "C" option, on the other hand, will force a cache update by removing any currently cached artwork before caching the artwork again - this is useful if you have changed artwork but kept the file name the same, as the texture cache has a tendency to ignore updated artwork for a few days until a background process realises the file content has changed. So if you're impatient, or have loaded corrupt artwork, the C option can be useful.

texturecache.py (Version 1.2.9)
  • Add: When pruning (p/P), now also consider available picture sources containing artwork and retain associated folder and picture previews. Disable this behaviour with @prune.retain.previews=no and all previews associated with your pictures will be removed when pruning
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by Milhouse - 2014-01-07, 12:35
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17