[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2014-01-15, 22:09)Levi59 Wrote: Hello! To be sure to understand (English is not my native language), this script allows both to clean the cache (delete unnecessary entries ...) and reset it without having to go to each Image (my RPi do not like too much and slows down after deleting the cache).

Yes, the "prune" (p, P options) and "orphan" (r and R options) will identify (p, r) and remove (P, R) unnecessary entries - basically anything that isn't referenced by your media library.

To "reset" the cache you can forcibly cache items, that's the "C" option. The "c" option will re-cache items only if they are not already in the cache.

(2014-01-15, 22:09)Levi59 Wrote: Is it working with caches previews youtube videos and other addons of this kind?

No, as youtube videos are not represented in the media library so there is no way to know what images need to be cached. Only the YouTube plugin knows anything about YouTube media, there is no way for this script to query this information either from a database, or via JSON.

(2014-01-15, 22:09)Levi59 Wrote: If I'm right, what is the command sequence to perform in the terminal to clear the cache effectively?

Code:
./texturecache.py P
./texturecache.py R
./texturecache.py C all

Although if you just want to start from scratch, with a completely empty cache, it would be quicker to delete the userdata/Database/Textures13.db file, and the entire Thumbnails folder, restart XBMC, then just run:
Code:
./texturecache.py c all
to re-cache all of your artwork (music, videos, addons, pvr channels etc.)

If you are using extrafanart or extrathumbs and want those to be cached, then enable the @cache.extra=yes setting on the command line (or add "cache.extra=yes" to your texturecache.cfg properties file).

(2014-01-15, 22:09)Levi59 Wrote: I would also delete any image cache on the actors. Is that possible?

As long as you have "cache.castthumb=no" (which is the default setting) then whenever you prune the cache (P) the cast artwork will be deleted. And with this setting, no cast artwork will be cached by the c or C options.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by Milhouse - 2014-01-15, 22:40
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17