[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2014-02-05, 01:11)CrazyCanuck Wrote: ok, I opened my db in SQLite browser and almost all urls are encoded. My album art is mostly embedded in music files and I noticed that URL entries for these were encoded like this: image://music@smb%3a%2f%2fNAS%2fMusic%2fThe%20Beatles%2fHelp!%2f01%20Help!.mp3/

Whereas any image files like .jpg had URL entries with no encoding like this:

smb://NAS/Music/Elton John/The One/Folder.jpg

Hope this helps.

Ah right, yes, that's an "embedded" artwork item (music@, video@), and it's true that their urls are stored in an encoded form (why? no idea, for the sake of consistency they shouldn't be). However it's not possible for texturecache.py to pre-load the cache with such items so after you've deleted such an item you won't be able to re-cache it - you need to browse the GUI in order for the image to be extracted from the media item.

As you can see, with some urls encoded and the vast majority not, encoding the search url will make the situation worse - the correct solution is for urls to always be stored unencoded (will mention it to jmarsall).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by Milhouse - 2014-02-05, 04:57
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17