[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
Hi MilhouseVH,

Admittedly, I'm somewhat new to this and have spent most of my energy on the Video aspects of XBMC over the past year. Recently I've started to divert some of my time towards the Music side, although I did do an initial Library setup in the beginning, importing and scanning my iTunes directory structure into the Media Center as well. Somewhere along the way, possibly through acts of commission, my music library has become mucked-up. The Albums node seems to be okay, however in the Artists node, I have hundreds of artists whose thumbnail is defaulting to a soundtrack album thumb from "Bad Boys II - featuring Nelly, P.Diddy and Murphy Lee" and some others defaulting to "Skyfall". However most of the other fanarts seem okay. Looking into the MySql 5.5 - MyMusic44.db, I see hundreds if not more, of a "folder.jpg" image referenced in the Art and other related tables. I've searched the entire HTPC for the physical presence of such a file but have come up empty-handed. So, obviously (to me) it (they) must be cached in the Textures16.db cache file.

Came across your thread and and started reading, from the beginning until my eyes refused to go on, nearing the half way point, lol. Anyway, wanted to start to dig in and get my feet wet - I'm a visual kind of guy. Installed Python 3.3.3 and your script today, launched it without adding any command line parameters and right out of the gate, I got this error:

Code:
C:\Users\Gordon\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\system>python texturecache.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "texturecache.py", line 6710, in <module>
    main(sys.argv[1:])
  File "texturecache.py", line 6458, in main
    loadConfig(argv)
  File "texturecache.py", line 6047, in loadConfig
    gConfig = MyConfiguration(argv)
  File "texturecache.py", line 124, in __init__
    config.readfp(cfg)
  File "C:\Python33\lib\configparser.py", line 753, in readfp
    self.read_file(fp, source=filename)
  File "C:\Python33\lib\configparser.py", line 708, in read_file
    self._read(f, source)
  File "C:\Python33\lib\configparser.py", line 1087, in _read
    fpname, lineno)
configparser.DuplicateOptionError: While reading from '<???>' [line 43]: option '<meta content' in section 'global' already exists

...same error with added parameter: python texturecache.py x "order by usecount desc" 2>%appdata%/xbmc/system/output/null

& @crazycanuck's post, I too have hundreds of embedded image url's within the music db as well, fyi.

I'm running Gotham (13 Alpha 12, Nightly) which was upgraded from Frodo 12.3/12.2/12.1 along the way, Python v3.3.3 on a Windows 8.1 64-bit HTPC, a second W8.1 client and several Android handheld devices all sharing the MySql database.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by GoogleRocks! - 2014-02-05, 07:50
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17