[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2014-02-14, 19:58)darrepac Wrote: mmm shame... tell me if you see something that I can do to test. What I can say is that 1 month ago it was more stable...

All I can ask you to test is running it from the command line (not redirecting to a file) and see if it crashes with an error.

I'll release an updated version shortly which will trap any unhandled exception and log it (if logging is enabled) but right now I can't think what could be the problem as it's working fine here (on OpenELEC).

(2014-02-14, 19:58)darrepac Wrote: just wondering: texturecache seems to be a powerful tool and rbthdmi just a small subset of it. When I use the rbthdmi parameter, is it just doing the screen saver / off stuff or also the things that texturecache is originaly aimed?

Just the screensaver stuff (plus checking if it's the latest version and auto-updating if necessary, all of the JSON communication, configuration processing, resource checks and error handling, and finally logging) so it's actually re-using several of the existing classes/functions. If you're wondering if it could be split out into a smaller script, yes absolutely but to me it's not worth it due to the significant duplication of code. Of course I could split texturecache.py up into about a dozen smaller inter-dependent class files, which would make development a hell of a lot easier, but then automatic updates and initial installation would become a problem.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by Milhouse - 2014-02-14, 20:11
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17