[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2014-02-20, 22:19)vbaros Wrote: I didn't use the config file. Can that be the reason? How can check that Json-rpc server is running?

No, the script will use sane defaults and try to connect to the RPC server on localhost port 9090, so as long as you're running the script on the same machine you are running the XBMC client you should be good to go.

It is possible to configure XBMC to use an alternative port for the RPC server by adding settings to advancedsettings.xml but I'm assuming you haven't done that. However if you have then you need to either reset the XBMC RPC port back to the default 9090 or configure the script to use the same port (property: rpc.port)

(2014-02-20, 22:19)vbaros Wrote: I'm using your latest build BTW.
I'm connecting using SSH from Android if the client matters.

Connect to your Pi using SSH and then run the following command on the Pi:
Code:
telnet localhost 9090

What do you see in the console?

If you see nothing, just a blinking cursor, then type ctrl-c and e to exit - your RPC server is running normally.

However if you see the following:
Code:
telnet: can't connect to remote host (127.0.0.1): Connection refused

then your RPC server is not running (failed to start, or has crashed).

Possible remedies: Remove your .xbmc/userdata/guisettings.xml file, reboot and set up your Pi again. Reboot your Pi once more to ensure the RPC server starts correctly.

If the RPC server is still not working after the above, I really don't know what could be the reason, maybe it's your network or router (firewall maybe? Are you connecting wired or wifi?).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by Milhouse - 2014-02-20, 23:05
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17