[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2014-03-09, 20:21)uNiversal Wrote: embedded art in albums etc not coming up properly, and it refuses to read the Folder.jpg in each album, so I really dont want to manually pull info > choose thumb for each to load local music thumbs for albums or songs etc as its already embedded in tags.

Embedded artwork isn't supported unfortunately, as it can only be cached by browsing the GUI (if you have "Extract thumbnails" enabled in Settings) or - presumably - by the original scraper, and not by downloading the embedded artwork from the webserver, which is the method the script is using.

Any artwork that is embedded (where the url begins with video or music, eg. "music@nfs://blah/blah/song.mp3") will not be processed by the script when performing a caching operation, so if you run "C songs" it will not remove any of your embedded artwork (as it can't be re-cached) but it will remove and re-cache any non-embedded artwork.

As for Folder.jpg, the first thing is to confirm if any of your albums are actually using the Folder.jpg file as their "thumbnail" artwork - check with "jd albums", then if you find an album search the cache (s "you-folder.jpg-thumbnail-path") to see if the corresponding url is present in the cache.

All of my albums have "cover.jpg" (not folder.jpg) in the album folder and these are scraped and cached OK, is "folder.jpg" the correct filename for album artwork when scraping the music db?

(2014-03-09, 20:21)uNiversal Wrote:
Code:
C          Re-cache artwork even when it exists. Class can be movies, tags, sets, tvshows, artists, albums or songs. Filter mandatory.
Yes Im adding allow.recacheall=yes to the cfg.

Thanks, I should probably re-word that to be "Filter mandatory, unless allow.recacheall=yes" or similar.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by Milhouse - 2014-03-09, 22:18
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17