[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2014-03-09, 23:20)uNiversal Wrote: Even after

./texturecache.py C artists

you have to set the allow.recacheall=yes script kicked me straight away with that message because I was using C even if I was using C atrists or C albums.

Yes you're right, media class AND filter are both mandatory when allow.recacheall=no (the default). It's quite a "destructive" option to use on an entire library, which could happen by mistake, hence the "allow" property that absolves me of all responsibility. Smile

(2014-03-09, 23:20)uNiversal Wrote: As for embedded art in music albums only working when you browse it or play it, not true as far as I can tell. Yes I have extract thumbnails set in xbmc. but this is not video files and its not streaminfo but meh music art and all this handling even when tagged to to ad nauseaum doesnt work as expected.

It used to be the case that embedded music and video couldn't be pre-cached, but I just did a quick test and managed to pre-cache an embedded album cover, so perhaps embedded music artwork can now be cached (is this new in Gotham?)

If you set "cache.ignore.types = ^video" (the default value is "^video, ^music") you should be able to process embedded music artwork when caching - if you have success caching embedded music artwork let me know and I'll consider changing the default so that embedded music artwork is no longer excluded when caching.

However embedded video artwork still doesn't download from the XBMC webserver (just tested it using a tip of master Gotham build), so embedded video artwork remains unsupported by this script as far as caching is concerned.

(2014-03-09, 23:20)uNiversal Wrote: Its not about if script supports it or not, Im using script to help xbmc along and apparently xbmc is having none of it when it comes to music stuffs.

With the best will in the world I can only support what XBMC supports. If/when XBMC support changes I'm happy to update the script to follow suit. When I originally wrote the caching functionality, I had little success caching embedded video and music artwork, hence the current logic in the script.

Now it appears that it may be possible to cache embedded music artwork, but I have no idea if this is a recent Gotham change - which would cause problems for Frodo users if I allow embedded music artwork to be cached - or what. If this only applies to Gotham and a Frodo user runs "C" on their music library they'll find their embedded artwork is removed from the cache but not replaced which is hardly desirable.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by Milhouse - 2014-03-10, 02:33
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17