[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2014-03-17, 04:50)radigast Wrote: What would happen if these reverse slashes were never fixed in the database?

It just causes excessive caching as XBMC fails to find items that have already been cached with the wrong slashes.

(2014-03-17, 04:50)radigast Wrote: Where do I find a complete list of the actual proper artwork variable names for TV shows for mklocal.py so that I don't make silly naming mistakes again?

Good question. I'm not aware of a definitive list, apart from the small number of standard artwork types supported by XBMC (see here for the most concise listing).

Generally speaking, the "type" is often the same as the filename suffix, the exceptions being discart (<filename>-disc.png/disc.png etc.) and clearlogo (<filename>-logo.png/logo.png). The types I'm familiar with are poster, fanart, banner, landscape, thumb, clearart, clearlogo and discart. There are undoubtedly others too as there is no restriction on what artwork types can be added to the database (I think cdart may be another type, but is likely only used or understood by specific skins and addons).

(2014-03-17, 04:50)radigast Wrote: So...if I called my clearlogo file "prettyandcolorful.png", then I would use clearlogo:prettyandcolorful in the script instead of clearlogo?

Yep.

(2014-03-17, 04:50)radigast Wrote: What command would I use to get the database ID number? For example, my Hunger Games database ID was 2. However, the only way I knew that it was 2 is because it was the second movie I added in the database. If I have 1000 movies, what command could I use to find the ID number of any one of those movies stored in the database?

If you run
Code:
texturecache.py jd movies
then it's the "movieid" property corresponding to each movie.

If you want details for a specific movie, the following:
Code:
texturecache.py jd movies "hunger games"
should return details of any movie with "Hunger Games" in the title.

However if you want to narrow it down further:
Code:
texturecache.py jd movies "the hunger games" @filter.operator=is
will match the movie title exactly.

(2014-03-17, 04:50)radigast Wrote: Does your script also download missing artwork from fanart.tv or other sources? The posts I have read on here seem to suggest it will, but I have tried on movies missing all artwork and none were downloaded from fanart.

Not exactly, as neither texturecache.py or mklocal.py are scrapers.

What mklocal.py will do is "convert to local" any artwork you already have in your library that is remote (ie. the url begins with http and is therefore not local) by downloading the original artwork from the source web server - which could be fanart.tv or any other artwork service - and write it into your local file system using the correct single-folder or multi-folder naming convention. It can also assign any new local artwork to you library.

For instance, I use Artwork Downloader myself to find new clearart/clearlogo artwork for my movies, but because AD doesn't support movie-name prefixes it can't write the artwork into the local file system alongside the movies. So after running AD I run mklocal.py which then downloads any remote artwork now present in my library and writes it into my file system, and then the media library is updated to replace this remote artwork with the local version. In addition, any artwork I happen to find myself that I drop into my folders alongside the movies will be automatically picked up and added to the library next time mklocal.py is run.

All of the above is handled with a call to "texturecache.py jd movies | mklocal.py ... | texturecache.py set", and is entirely automated so I don't have to worry about this stuff! Smile

And if you're maintaining/curating your own clearart/clearlogo/discart/whatever artwork then you could just load it using mklocal.py without using Artwork Downloader at all. mklocal.py will only match new or changed items so can be run regularly to find and set new items.

All of the above should work for tv shows too. Just look at the options on mklocal.py --help as you need to enable --season and --episode if you also want mklocal.py to process season and episode artwork (by default it will only process the tvshow "header"). Loading missing artwork this way will also work around this defect as any missing season posters will be added by mklocal.py --season next time it runs and the poster is found locally (although the ability to set season posters using JSON is only a recent Gotham feature, so this isn't supported in Frodo).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by Milhouse - 2014-03-17, 06:27
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17