[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2014-06-22, 12:04)redglory Wrote: I think it will take another 5 hours i guess (overall was 14h Tongue)

Do you think adding more threads would speed up this?

Don't now why but what went wrong with my first force re-caching run was that my xbmc webserver stopped...

Had to restart it now...

The time taken to cache artwork is dependent on several factors, not least the number of artwork items to be cached, and network bandwidth (your internet bandwidth, if the artwork is remote). You say you're using an FTP server (local or remote?) but unfortunately I'm not familiar with such servers in conjunction with XBMC, and have no idea how efficient (or inefficient) XBMC might be when repeatedly accessing content from such servers.

Without knowing how many items you are attempting to (re-)cache it's hard to say if 5 hours is reasonable, but there's a chance it could be. I would expect a couple of thousand local NFS images to be re-cached in under an hour, if you are re-caching a similar number of images and it's taking much longer then it's likely the FTP server communication is the bottleneck.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by Milhouse - 2014-06-22, 22:39
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17