[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2014-08-16, 09:18)pgjensen Wrote: my best bet it sounds like then (to automate this) is to update my movie.nfo files with the top250 (i have a script to do this already) and then to scan those in using the qax flag right? any repercussions to qax remove/add (i.e. watched flags/count gone, individual subtitle/audio settings gone, etc)/

That would be one way, although you might lose streamdetails unless they're already present in the NFOs. Watched flags might remain, the fact they do seems to be unintentional and might be "fixed" in future (although you could back up your watched statuses before running qax with "./texturecache.py watched movies backup watched.dat", then restore afterwards with "./texturecache.py watched movies restore watched.dat").

If you're up to scripting it, another option would be to simply create the same kind of JSON data structure that "imdb movies" outputs. Just read in your movie library data using the output from texturecache.py:
Code:
./texturecache.py Jd movies @extrajson.movies=imdbnumber,top250

then match each movie with it's current top250 value, and output those movies that need to be changed, eg.:
Code:
[
  {
    "items": {
      "top250": 1
    },
    "libraryid": 793,
    "title": "The Shawshank Redemption",
    "type": "movie"
  },
  {
      "top250": 2
    },
    "libraryid": 566,
    "title": "The Godfather",
  },
  {
      "top250": 3
    },
    "libraryid": 567,
    "title": "The Godfather: Part II",
  },
  {
      "top250": 0
    },
    "libraryid": 999,
    "title": "A movie that was in Top250, but now is not",
  }
]

and feed that into "./texturecache.py set" to assign the new top250 values.

Strictly speaking the "title" field isn't important, and is only present for troubleshooting purposes so could be left out if you wish.

Or set individual movies with repeated calls to texturecache.py:
Code:
./texturecache.py set movie 793 top250 1
./texturecache.py set movie 566 top250 2
./texturecache.py set movie 567 top250 3
./texturecache.py set movie 999 top250 0

The big problem with Top250 is not setting the information, it's obtaining the new information in the first place - once you have it, setting it on the movies is quite easy! Smile

If you have a way to reliably scrape the Top250 information, a patch (or just code) would be welcome! Smile

Note also that recent Helix builds (from 9 Aug onwards) now update movies via JSON much, much faster than before - what previously took over an hour when updating 665 movies, now takes just over 1 minute.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by Milhouse - 2014-08-16, 09:44
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17