[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2014-11-01, 15:29)raspberry_pd Wrote: I've been using this fantastic script on linux boxes with great effectiveness. However I was wondering if it would work on Windows XP? I'm guessing I'd need to install Python but is there are other impediments I know XBMC on XP isn't supported anymore but the software still runs fine so I've no reason to give it the arse.

Just install Python 2.7.3 (or 3.x), and it should work fine.

You don't need XBMC installed to run the script, and you can configure the script to control remote XBMC clients (with some limitations where direct file system access is concerned, mainly Xd/r/R) using the xbmc.host property. You could also use one of your Linux boxes to run the script which then connects to XBMC on your XP client - no need to install Python on Windows at all.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by Milhouse - 2014-11-01, 16:40
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17