[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2014-11-28, 18:05)axbmcuser Wrote: That did the trick. I just did a test with many files. Seems all good now. All poster paths are fixed and working again.
If i notice anything else, i'll let you know. Thank you again! Smile

Great. Smile

A few other uses for mklocal.py...

1) You can of course use the same approach to add new artwork of any type, eg. clearart, logo, discart etc.

2) If you want to convert remote artwork to local artwork, it will do that too. Just remove the --readonly parameter and mklocal.py will download the original artwork (if still available) and store it alongside your movies (this is superior to exporting from your cache, where the quality may have suffered during the caching process). The filename format for the local artwork will be *-type.jpg/png unless --singlefolders is specified when the format will be type.jpg/png (where type is poster, fanart, disc, etc.).

For instance, it's useful to run mklocal.py and download remote artwork after running Artwork Downloader as the latter doesn't support multiple movies in a single folder, so can't be used to create local artwork but is still useful for finding the remote artwork in the first place and associating it with movies.

3) Finally, any artwork that is no longer available (remotely or locally) can be automatically expunged from your media library by adding the --nokeep parameter, which can be useful when tidying up.

Running mklocal.py on a semi-regular basis should help keep your artwork in tip-top condition and your media library free of remote artwork.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by Milhouse - 2014-11-29, 06:51
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17