[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2014-12-06, 01:21)mlu3141 Wrote: I am having trouble getting my artists and album artwork to work. For a few, I have artwork, but for the vast majority, I do not. I can go and manually download for most that I tried, but with a huge library, that's just not worth it. (It's interesting that some a blank thumb/fanart listed as a remote source.)

If you've got missing artist/album artwork you'll need to post in the support thread for whatever scraper you're using - the author and other users may be able to advise what the problem is, although it's usually a naming problem of some kind.

(2014-12-06, 01:21)mlu3141 Wrote: I've tried removing/adding the source a few times with no luck. It seems that my movies and TV shows work fine so I was hoping I could use this to fix the music but leave the rest in tact. Assuming it would actually fix the problem, is it be possible to have it delete the old data for just the music portion and then download new content? If so, how would I do this? I've never run a script before, but I've been able to at least get the script running and able to reach my database.

The music library is a lot less well developed than the video library, consequently there are no JSON methods to set, modify or clear artwork, so methods that work for the Video database won't work for Music, unfortunately.

Consequently, the only way to "clear" your music library of artwork is to drop (delete) the entire library and re-scan from scratch. It's possible you could try direct SQL manipulation but I've got no information on how you should go about that.

If you're using SQLite, your music library will be called .kodi/userdata/Databases/MyMusic48.db in Helix (it may have a lower number in older versions, ie. 46 in Gotham). Just delete it and restart Kodi then re-add your music.

Your music database is separate from your video database so dropping the music database will have no effect on you movies and tvshows.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by Milhouse - 2014-12-06, 03:33
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17