[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
Noob here...and needing some help.

I have both Amazon Fire TV box and stick running SPMC (XBMC Gotham 13.3). I'd love to use your utility, but I'm having difficulty understanding how to connect to the AFTVs when running Python and your script on my Windows 7 box. I read one post that said all I need to do is specify the IP address of the AFTV--but I'm not sure where/how to do this.

On my Win7 box, I have installed Python 2.7 and modified the PATH and PATHEXT variables.
I put texturecache.py and texturecache.cfg in the Python27 folder. From the command line, I type:

texturecache.py s "Sons of Anarchy"

and get:

FATAL: The task you wish to perform requires read/write file access to the XBMC sqlite3 Texture Cache database.
The following sqlitedatabase could not be opened: \sdcard\android/data\com.semperpax.spmc\files\.xbmc\userdata
Check settings in properties file texturecache.cfg, or upgrade your XBMC client to use a more recent version that supports Textures JSON API

I'm guessing I need to modify the texturecache.cfg file to tell texturecache.py where to look for the AFTV (e.g. on my local network, ip address 192.168.2.116). In texturecache.cfg, I've changed the userdata variable to /sdcard/android/data/com.semperpax.spmc/files/.xbmc/userdata and the xbmc.host variable to 192.168.2.116

I'm sure this is basic stuff, but I'd appreciate any help especially if it explains it in very direct steps easy for a noob to understand!

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by xrichard - 2015-01-22, 01:56
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17