[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
Yeah, I normally go into the Recently Added list then back to Home, which causes the widgets to refresh and show the correct/latest details.

In the absence of a proper fix (ideally, the VideoScanner should kick the widget refresh on finish) you could script the work around, so that it happens automatically if you wanted to....

Assuming your Home menu is "Pictures | Videos | Movies | TV Shows | Music | Programs | System", then the following command will select Movies, enter "Recently Added" (first submenu item), then exit back to the home menu which should cause the widgets to refresh:
Code:
./texturecache.py input home executeaction firstpage right right down executeaction firstpage select back

It's also possible that just the following will work too:
Code:
./texturecache.py input home

as simply reloading the Home menu seems to invoke the widget refresh queries.

Of course either method could be a bit antisocial if someone is watching a video at the time, although you could check "./texturecache.py status" and skip the widget refresh when a player is active as the refresh should happen once the player is stopped (I think).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by Milhouse - 2015-02-21, 07:52
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17