[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
Hey all,

Does anyone have any suggestion for running TCMU from a Kodi addon in windows? I ask because in windows I mainly use Kodi as a launcher for games and emulators so it is not running all the time, plus there is no ssh so the only way to run it is by accessing the desktop. I've made a addon to launch a script which runs TCMU (so its easy to run while a big game downloads in Steam and I'm watching something) and the script works well outside of Kodi, though when launching the addon via kodi I get the error: 'fatal python error:py_initialize: unable to load the filesystem codec'. Screenshot. I think its trying to use Kodi's built in python - Ive tried setting the working directory and the PATH variable to the python install directory in the AHK script, to no avail, I always get the same error.

The addons default.py (it's a bit rough, I've reused other bits and pieces):
Code:
import xbmc, os, xbmcaddon, subprocess

addon = xbmcaddon.Addon()
script = '"c:\Program Files\AutoHotkey\AutoHotkeyU64.exe" "c:\Emulation\scripts\Ahk\kodi-cleanup.ahk"'
print(script)
subprocess.Popen(script, shell=True, close_fds=True)

The AHK script:
Code:
#NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
; #Warn  ; Enable warnings to assist with detecting common errors.
SendMode Input  ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%  ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.
#SingleInstance Force

SetWorkingDir, c:\Python33
Run, %comspec% /c c:\emulation\scripts\curl.exe -i -X POST -d "{\"jsonrpc\":\"2.0\"`,\"method\":\"GUI.ShowNotification\"`,\"params\":{\"title\":\"Texture Cache Maintenance\"`,\"message\":\"Starting\"`,\"image\":\"c:/emulation/artwork/cache-maintenance.png\"}`,\"id\":1}" -H "content-type: application/json;" http://localhost:9191/jsonrpc,,Hide

WinWait, Kodi ahk_class Kodi
Sleep, 5000

Run, %comspec% /c PYTHONPATH="C:\python33\DLLs;C:\python33\Lib;C:\python33\Lib\site-packages"
RunWait, c:\Python33\python.exe c:\Users\xbmc\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\texturecache.py u, c:\Users\xbmc\AppData\Roaming\Kodi ;, Hide

RunWait, %comspec% /c c:\Python33\python.exe c:\Users\xbmc\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\texturecache.py u, c:\Python33 ;, Hide
RunWait, %comspec% /c c:\Python33\python.exe c:\Users\xbmc\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\texturecache.py c, c:\Python33 ;, Hide
RunWait, %comspec% /c c:\Python33\python.exe c:\Users\xbmc\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\texturecache.py P, c:\Python33 ;, Hide
RunWait, %comspec% /c c:\Python33\python.exe c:\Users\xbmc\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\texturecache.py R, c:\Python33; , Hide

Run, %comspec% /c c:\emulation\scripts\curl.exe -i -X POST -d "{\"jsonrpc\":\"2.0\"`,\"method\":\"GUI.ShowNotification\"`,\"params\":{\"title\":\"Texture Cache Maintenance\"`,\"message\":\"Completed\"`,\"image\":\"c:/emulation/artwork/cache-maintenance.png\"}`,\"id\":1}" -H "content-type: application/json;" http://localhost:9191/jsonrpc,,Hide

I'm not adverse to doing everything in python, its just I'm not overly familiar with it and I've just reused bits of other stuff I already have for Kodi.

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by teeedubb - 2015-02-23, 10:31
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17