[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
I'm just starting to use Texturecache, which seems to be a very useful tool. These 101 topic pages take a bit of reading through though!

I'm wondering whether Texturecache can help me with something, but maybe this issue is more of a Kodi multiple device setup issue.

I have a Win7 'fileserver' PC that hosts a MySQL Kodi database, as well as the hard drives and their various shared folders that make up the media library. That same PC has a Windows Kodi installation on it, set to look for and scan in (scrape locally) new movies, TV shows etc as they are added to the various folders. That all works fine. The initial scraping is handled by Ember and MediaElch. All all support files are held locally in their respective Movie and TV show folders.

There are a number of client Kodi devices on the network, the main ones being an HTPC running OpenELEC (the main viewing one), another PC with OpenELEC, and a couple of Raspberry Pi units (OpenELEC). And they all work as expected. The clients have the relevant advancedsettings.xml and sources.xml files. None of those clients are set to scan for changes on startup.

I'm wondering why when I add another RPi device, and put the special configuration files pointing to the MySQL and Sources in the relevant userdata folder(s)on that Rpi, it doesn't see the movies and TV shows etc that are in the media library (MySQL). They don't appear on the main UI(Confluence)screen. Through the menu Videos, Files it will see and play them as files. But it is clear the source 'types' are not set (Movies, TV Shows etc.).

If I correct those source types to be what they should be, it of course wants to scan them in.
My setup though is to only use the Fileserver local Kodi installation to actually scan new movies, TV shows into MySQL. I don't want other client devices to be doing this, and potentially causing issues with the main database.

Running texturecache 'sources' confirms the new RPi unit knows about the media file locations.

Perhaps I misunderstand the interaction between local and MySQL databases/images.

Can Texturecache be used to force the new RPi to update it's local database/images to know about the full movie/TV show details (as per MySQL)? Or do I have to let the new RPi scan them in again? And if it does scan, is this updating the MySQL database as well as it's local one?

At one point it did do a partial scan, before I interrupted it. And I can see that Texturecache run against that new RPi reports those initial 150 or so movies. But only those 150.

Any help or clarification would be appreciated.

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by jolpin - 2015-07-07, 02:25
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17