[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2015-08-07, 14:32)P_Jamula Wrote: as if u remember from the ember thread I had shared my thumbnails folder on the NAS for all clients which I have undone as per the standard and your advice. so essentially I have no thumbnails for any client now.

If you're bandwidth limited, what you should be using is local artwork - download once, cache many times. You can achieve this through media management tools, or by exporting your library once you've cached the first client.

Or you can use the mklocal.py script (same github as texturecache.py) to download remote artwork in original quality (and not the lower quality exported from the texture cache) for movies, tvshows and movie sets and then update the media library to use the new local artwork - it's a little complicated to use, you'll need to scan back though the thread for details on usage. mklocal.py can also be used to load non-standard local artwork (ie. discart, logo, clearart etc.)

(2015-08-07, 14:32)P_Jamula Wrote: would it help any if I copied the thumbnail folder from the master instance of kodi to the clients just once after this utility completes?? or is that not recommended either??

You can do that (make sure you copy both Textures13.db and the Thumbnails folder) as long as the master/client hardware and configuration are identical (ie. both x86 with the same imageres/fanartres settings). I wouldn't recommend this approach if your master is x86 and your client is a Raspberry Pi, for instance.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
Re: RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by Milhouse - 2015-08-07, 14:57
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17