[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2015-08-22, 18:24)lollo78 Wrote: I think that my cache doesn't work properly for this reason:

every time that I browse my movies library, I see the big poster (on the right of GUI) and fanart (like background)... so, ideally now they should be downloaded in my Thumbails folder cache, right?

But if I use "./texturecache.py jd movies any_media", seems that Kodi continues to search posters and fanarts on the Web, and not from my local path:

Code:
"fanart": "image:[b]//http://[/b]
"poster": "image:[b]//http:// [/b]

The media library urls (ie. those being reported by "jd movies") will not change once artwork is cached, they'll always remain the same - caching has no effect on the contents of the media library (ie. MyVideosXX.db, MyMusicXX.db).

(2015-08-22, 18:24)lollo78 Wrote: To solve, I have to locally download all the artworks, with a command like this?

Code:
./texturecache.py jd movies | mklocal.py --local [b]/storage/.kodi/userdata/Thumbnails[/b] --prefix [b]nfs://192.168.1.68/volume1/FILM/[/b] --artwork fanart poster clearlogo clearart --output fixup.dat

No - your Thumbnails folder is *NOT* your local storage!

The Thumbnails folder is part of your texture cache, which is completely separate from where your original artwork is located. Your original artwork may be stored locally (eg. on your NAS) or remotely on the internet, and once you display this artwork in Kodi another - and separate - version of this original artwork will be added to your Thumbnails cache in the Thumbnails folder.

If you want to create "local" artwork you should be specifying the location of your media (ie. movie files) as the --local argument, eg.. --local /media/Volume1/FILM.

I've already said you need to use an NFS mount for --local if you are running mklocal.py on OpenELEC, so mount your media using NFS and use that path.

Once you have converted your remote artwork to local artwork, you can cache the new local artwork (texturecache.py c) - the media library urls will have changed so your cache needs updating with the new urls - and prune the old remote artwork (texturecache.py P) from the cache.

Milhouse Wrote:I tryed to solve the "Ignored" issue. I opened the albums informations to see a big image of it, but restarting "./texturecache.py c", I still have 36 ignored.

Because, again, the original media library url won't change after you cache artwork so these embedded urls will continue to be ignored by the script until the media libary urls are replaced by a non-embedded url (you'd need to manually create local artwork alongside your albums, usually as cover.jpg, and then change the album thumb using the GUI "Get thumb").

Milhouse Wrote:And please, another noob question Big Grin
why I have a so high number in "Duplicate" and "Skipped"? It's normal?
Thx a lot

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1661157
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by Milhouse - 2015-08-23, 00:11
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17