[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
As per the error message, the option requires read/write access to the Textures13.db file and Thumbnails folder, ie. direct file system access.

The options "f", "F", "r", "R", "S", "X", "Xd" all require direct filesystem access as there is currently no JSON functionality available for the actions these options perform (ie. deleting files from the Thumbnails folder when there is no matching entry in Textures13.db, and retrieving file size/date information of files from the Thumbnails folder).

There are two solutions - run the texturecache.py script directly on the Kodi client, or mount the userdata folder of the Kodi client on the PC that is running the script.

Note that specifying the Android userdata location in your texturecache config when running the script on a PC is not going to achieve anything as the location you have configured is not accessible to the PC. You need to mount the Kodi client userdata partition on the PC and then configure the userdata mount point on the PC as the userdata path, allowing the script to read/write data within the Kodi client userdata folder.

However since you're using Android for the Kodi client and Windows to run the script, I suspect both solutions will be unavailable to you as I don't think you can run the script on an unrooted Android box, and it's unlikely you can mount the Android userdata folder on Windows (the userdata folder would have to be shared over SMB by Android).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by Milhouse - 2015-10-25, 11:08
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17