[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2015-11-13, 01:33)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-11-11, 19:14)marhutchy Wrote: @Milhouse can you assist me in preparing a script to run the add-on, Rating Update in the background?

I am aware that the add-on provides an option to run the add-on as a service and on a schedule, but I'll have to change the setting every time I want to ran the add-on normally.

The script that I tried:
Code:
C:\Python\Python35-32\python.exe C:\Users\MarHutchy\Downloads\PROGRAMS\TextureCacheMaintenance\texturecache.py exec script.ratingupdate silent=true

It ran the add-on normally, instead of silently.

The script.ratingupdate addon doesn't support a "silent" run-time argument so passing "silent=true" to this particular script is meaningless. Every script will support different run-time arguments, including none at all, so you need to look at the script documentation and/or source code to understand what arguments are supported.

In the case of script.ratingupdate it only appears to support one argument "Single=Movie"/"Single="TVShow", otherwise it runs according to the configured settings (top250, movies, and/or tvshows).
You'll need to contact the add-on author for help adding the features you require.

But you do realise you can use texturecache.py to update Top250, ratings and votes plus various other configurable fields (eg. plot, outline, runtime, year, genre)?
Code:
texturecache.py imdb movies | texturecache.py set
texturecache.py imdb tvshows | texturecache.py set
See imdb tvshows announcement for further details.

Okay.

When I was using Rating Update add-on I had to search for some of the TV series so a to get the correct ID.

I read the link that you provided, but I have a question: each of my series has it's respective nfo with it's IMDB ID, does Kodi have that stored in my library? If yes, can't the utility jut use the ID?

My attempt:
Code:
texturecache.py imdb tvshows  | imdb.translate.tvtitles = ^Fate/Stay Night= | imdb.translate.tvyears = ^Baby Steps=2014 | texturecache.py set

I have a feeling this will be a problem.[/code]

I added these to my config file:
Code:
imdb.fields = votes, rating, top250
imdb.fields.tvshows = votes, rating, top250 (yes, there's a top 250 for TV shows now :))

Also, the code that you provided, will I have to have 2 batch files, one that I run after the other is finished?
Or can I put both in the same batch file?
Laptop: Dell Inspiron i7559-2512BLK | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 6700HQ (2.60 GHz) | 1 TB + 8 GB SSHD
Kodi 18.3
MiniPC: LibreELEC 8.2.1
Sharing Media: SMB (HDD: 2 TB, 1 TB) | Media Manager/Organizer - Media Companion

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by marhutchy - 2015-11-13, 20:28
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17