[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
If Kodi is crashing you'll need to upload a crashlog to have any idea of what is causing the crash - depending on your OS and build this may or may not be available (it's available in OpenELEC test builds, but not release builds).

If you're using (or able to use) one of my OpenELEC test builds I can upload a debug-enabled test build later this evening which will provide a detailed crashlog.

Also, you should start a separate thread to continue the discussion as although TextureCache is provoking the crash, it's not doing anything out of the ordinary so this is really an issue with Kodi core functionality.

Presumably running "texturecache.py vscan 'nfs://192.168.48.31/volume2/filme/Foreign Correspondent (1940)'" doesn't produce a crash, which would suggest it's an accumulated error. One possible reason for the crash might be out of memory, due to memory leak - try running "bcmstat.sh AD" (included in my builds) to keep an eye on memory usage during the qax operation, perhaps all memory is exhausted by the time you get to "F". "journalctl --no-pager | paste" (on OpenELEC) would include details of any out-of-memory activity.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by Milhouse - 2015-11-22, 19:40
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17