[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2016-02-05, 11:25)Milhouse Wrote: Perhaps if the cache.artwork property is set, eg.:
Code:
cache.artwork = poster, fanart, landscape, thumb, season.poster

then logically, while pruning, any artwork type that wouldn't otherwise be cached by c/C (because it's not in the cache.artwork list) should be removed during the prune - eg. clearart, logo, banner would all be pruned as they're not being cached by c/C, but poster, fanart, landscape, thumb and season.poster would be retained while pruning as they are being cached by c/C.

That would work. It definitely makes more sense to extend the pruning functions ("p/P") instead of modifying a caching function ("nc/oc") as I suggested earlier. But rather than conflating caching and pruning by overloading the cache.artwork property, I think I prefer your previous idea of having a prune-specific property, like:
Code:
prune.artwork.delete = clearart, clearlogo, discart, banner

This has the advantage of being clearer for users by explicitly specifying what to delete instead of "inferring the inverse set" from a cache.artwork property.

But honestly, I'd be happy to have the functionality regardless of how the parameters are set. So thanks for giving this some consideration.

Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 4.76 Average

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by guido1138 - 2016-02-06, 01:21
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility4.7617