[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2016-02-19, 09:27)gjwAudio Wrote: Checking in fixup.dat, I find the script is planning to rename the Defendor files with prefix alright... BUT it's using VIDEO_TS as the Movie-Name element.

Yes, VIDEO_TS isn't supported - I'll need to add support to mklocal.py, but it's unlikely to be added soon.

(2016-02-19, 09:27)gjwAudio Wrote: Best approach (as I see it now) is to remove the Movies_VTS folder from the Library, correct the naming and location anomalies, and then "Scan for new content".

I'm pretty sure you can eliminate the VIDEO_TS folder entirely so that all files are in the "Defendor (2009)" folder. This would resolve the issue with mklocal.py. You'll need to remove, clean and rescrape your VIDEO_TS movies. Try one and see how it goes before doing the rest.

(2016-02-19, 09:27)gjwAudio Wrote: In the context of a VTS rip, does it make sense to name the artwork as if there were a single video file (ie: with Movie-Name-prefix) ?

I think it's personal preference, but it does at least identify the artwork unambiguously which is a plus, and it's why it's my preferred naming convention.

(2016-02-19, 09:27)gjwAudio Wrote: In your opinion, are there other practices I should adopt for keeping the artwork under control

Nah not really. I just try to avoid remote artwork as much as possible so I run mklocal.py on a regular basis to ensure that any remote artwork (I use Artwork Downloader after scraping new movies to find logos and clearart for older movies) is converted to local artwork.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by Milhouse - 2016-02-19, 16:48
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17