[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2016-02-22, 18:48)morstef4 Wrote: My current script running on a schedule
Code:
1 - /usr/bin/python /storage/script/texturecache/texturecache.py vclean
2 - /usr/bin/python /storage/script/texturecache/texturecache.py vscan
3 - kodi-send --action="XBMC.runscript(script.artwork.downloader, silent=true)"
4 - kodi-send --action="XMBC.runScript(script.toolbox,info=extrafanarttvshow, silent=true)"
5 - kodi-send --action="XBMC.runScript(script.toolbox,info=extrafanartmovie, silent=true)"
6 - texturecache.py jd movies | ./mklocal.py --local /media/MyBook/_FilmsWD --prefix /media/MyBook/_FilmsWD --artwork discart clearlogo extrafanart3 extrafanart5 banner extrafanart1 extrafanart2 extrafanart4 extrafanart extrathumbs fanart landscape poster thumb clearart logo --ignorebadprefix --output 3.log
7 - cat 3.log | texturecache.py set
8 - texturecache.py c movies
9 - texturecache.py imdb movies | texturecache.py set

In hope to have a better setup, I would appreciate if you can assist me in my understanding
A) I should also run my lines 6-7 after 2 ?
B) find the switch and implement "No download" at my line 3 ?
C) run again my lines 6-7 after 3 ?
D) 4 and 5 are used by Aeon Nox Silvo, I run 6-7 after... that might be a question for Phil65 and mikesilvo164
I'm still confused with the extrafanarts so I have included them all in my line #6. (kodi export: created them as extrafanartx)
E) I'm not certain that your 4 is my 6-7 , is it ok?

To run Artwork Downloader, I use:
Code:
texturecache.py exec script.artwork.downloader silent=true mediatype=movie

The problem when executing scripts is that once the script has started, your command continues.

In the case of Artwork Downloader, it can take several minutes to finish and you need to wait before continuing with the next step. To do this I use a script on the client that tails kodi.log until the phrase "Artwork Downloader: script stopped" appears. How you solve this issue will depend on your platform, and whether you are running the scripts remotely or locally. And in some cases it may not be possible to solve if the script gives no indication that it has finished.

So what you need is this:

Code:
1 - /usr/bin/python /storage/script/texturecache/texturecache.py vclean
2 - /usr/bin/python /storage/script/texturecache/texturecache.py vscan
3 - kodi-send --action="XBMC.runscript(script.artwork.downloader, silent=true)"
<wait for artwork downloader to finish>
4 - kodi-send --action="XMBC.runScript(script.toolbox,info=extrafanarttvshow, silent=true)"
5 - kodi-send --action="XBMC.runScript(script.toolbox,info=extrafanartmovie, silent=true)"
6 - texturecache.py jd movies | ./mklocal.py --local /media/MyBook/_FilmsWD --prefix /media/MyBook/_FilmsWD --artwork discart clearlogo extrafanart3 extrafanart5 banner extrafanart1 extrafanart2 extrafanart4 extrafanart extrathumbs fanart landscape poster thumb clearart logo --ignorebadprefix --output 3.log
7 - cat 3.log | texturecache.py set
8 - texturecache.py c movies
9 - texturecache.py imdb movies | texturecache.py set

I notice you're trying to process extrafanart and extrathumbs with mklocal.py. Normally this isn't supported, as Kodi knows nothing about extrafanart/extrathumbs - that they're supported at all by Kodi is a skin hack, so what you are doing here I don't think this would work.

However there is a proposal to add extrafanart/extrathumbs to the media library - this is enabled with the --extrafanart and --extrathumbs options. If you add these options then you don't need to include extrafanart1 extrafanart2 extrafanart3 etc., instead specify "fanart#" and "thumb#". ie.

Code:
6 - texturecache.py jd movies | ./mklocal.py --local /media/MyBook/_FilmsWD --prefix /media/MyBook/_FilmsWD --artwork discart banner fanart landscape poster thumb clearart logo fanart# thumb# --ignorebadprefix --output 3.log --extrafanart --extrathumbs --extrafanartmax 5

and mklocal.py will create the movie associations to whatever extrafanart/extrathumbs it can find in your filesystem (up to the maximum --extrafanartmax / --extrathumbmax, which both default to 4). Obviously this needs further skin support, which I don't think is there yet. See mklocal.py changelog for 25/08/2015.

If you choose not to include --extrafanart --extrathumbs then I don't think adding extrafanart1 extrafanart2 as --artwork will achieve anything (though I could be wrong, I don't use extrafanart and wrote most of this blind).

By the way, use logo or clearlogo, not both. The artwork extension is -logo.png, but needs to create an artwork association of "clearlogo". mklocal.py will handle this automatically.

Also, in order to cache your extra fanart and thumbs in step #7, you'll need to add "cache.extrafanart = yes" and "cache.extrathumbs = yes" to texturecache.cfg. Although these options would no longer be necessary once extrafanart/extrathumbs is correctly associated with their movies in the media library.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by Milhouse - 2016-02-22, 23:23
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17