[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2016-02-25, 00:11)gjwAudio Wrote: Ummm... OK. Running it returns nothing - no screen output at all, just a new command line. The texturecache.log says this (ie: "Chunk processing: found 0 movies"), yet I see the Tron folder in my Movies_VTS folder, and the movie appears in the list & plays in kodi Huh

Then the movie hasn't been scraped by Kod with the title "Tron Legacy", or anything remotely like it. Can you dump your entire movie metadata ("texturecache.py jd movies >movies.dat") and upload movies.dat somewhere as a zip?

(2016-02-25, 00:11)gjwAudio Wrote: And a final question or clarification: when my manually created movie-name-banner.jpg is not yet known to the database, how does it get there the first time ? Which one of these many steps says (figuratively) "Oh look, a local file that's not associated to it's movie... I will do that now" ? I'm lost in the forest amongst the trees on this
Since banner is a non-standard artwork it's only going to be associated with your movies by using an add-on such as Artwork Downloader and/or mklocal.py.

The only texturecache.py option that modifies the *media library* is the "set" option, and as far as I'm aware the only time you call this is when running mklocal.py.

Things should become a little clearer once I can see the metadata for the movie in question, so that I have a better understanding of what Kodi thinks it is dealing with.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by Milhouse - 2016-02-25, 00:31
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17