[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
It's not something I've any interest in doing, mainly because while it might be easier to run for trivial tasks, it's going to be a nightmare to configure for anything that is slightly more complicated. A simpler option would be to use some sort of launcher to run the script, using the arguments you require.

Given the complexities of adding a user interface I suspect it would be better to re-implement only a subset of the features in an add-on rather than leverage this script directly - the output isn't always that easy to parse (and I would not consider making changes to the output to support an add-on), but the script does at least demonstrate what is possible.

An add-on developer should be able to implement some of the features without too much trouble, although a number of features come to mind that may not be so practical/useful in a GUI environment (ie. most of the query operations, anything that uses a remote host etc.)

There are already add-ons that purge the cache, backup/restore watched status, or update imdb (haven't yet found an add-on that pre-loads the cache or fixes texture cache errors) but they all require me to remember to click a button (or three) when instead I'd rather automate it and forget it. Smile
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by Milhouse - 2016-07-28, 18:45
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17