[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2016-11-18, 01:28)Simorgh Wrote: Where can I set it so special://thumbnails point to ~/.kodi/userdata/Thumbnails folder?

The path ("special://thumbnails/blah") is configured in your media libary and has been set by something, an add-on presumably. If you want to change the path you need to reconfigure the add-on that is adding this GIF artwork to your media library. That said, "special://thumbnails" should already map to "~/.kodi/userdata/Thumbnails" within Kodi, so I'm not entirely sure what you hope to gain by changing the path.

Changing the "thumbnails" folder property in texturecache.cfg will also have no effect on the caching option, as it doesn't use this property. This property applies only to something like the "r" option which does require direct file system access, and in this case the "thumbnails" property is usually relative to the "userdata" property.

However as you are using OSMC, you shouldn't need to configure any path - not userdata, thumbnails or dbfile. Just leave them as their default values (ie. don't include them in your texturecache.cfg) and the script will work fine.

(2016-11-18, 01:28)Simorgh Wrote: I don't know if I have screwed things or what.

I just don't think Kodi wants to cache GIF artwork, in which case there's really not much you can do other than to add the following to texturecache.cfg:
Code:
cache.ignore.types=+.*.gif$
so that GIF artwork is ignored by the texturecache.py caching process. Problem solved...
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by Milhouse - 2016-11-18, 01:58
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17