[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
Hi @Milhouse
Thank you for all your help and support.
I have been away and came back today to see if I can fix my issue. The challenge is that I have a RPi in the basement and a laptop that can not use my main WiFi router hence they are on a Netgear Extender which does not have an option to dedicate a static IP for the devices it connects. Therefore I can not use the options you mentioed in post #2077 http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2458718

So I deactivated the animated art option in my bedroom RPi2 (skin: Aeon MQ 7) and deleted the /animatedgifs/ folder, restarted and it loaded up creating the /animatedgifs/ but with no files in it.
Should I now delete my Textures13.db file in my RPi3 (server) and run texturecache again? If so, which string(s) should I run so that would be the best?

(2016-11-18, 06:10)Milhouse Wrote: Your solutions are to:

1) ignore GIFs on the two clients other than 10.0.1.122 by using a suitable "cache.ignore.types" pattern (eg. ".*/animatedgifs/.*.gif$" should work, ignoring any gifs in the animatedgifs folder)
2) use a network resource as the location of the GIFs instead of burying them in the local Thumbnails folder, so that all your clients can physically access (and therefore cache) them

By the way I am interested in option #2 as well. Just for the future. How do I use a network resource as the location of the GIFs?

Thank you in advance.

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by Simorgh - 2016-12-03, 22:36
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17