[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
The script runs now! Thanks.

Ok, so hmmmmmmm it's pretty damn messy right now. This is my ideal scenario:

1. I have 100 movies.
2. I edit the .nfo of 5 of them.
3. I open Kodi
4. A script is triggered
Code:
xbmc.executebuiltin('exportlibrary(video,true,false,false,false)')
This exports an .nfo for each video, and puts it on the folder of the video. Note that the third false refers to the .nfo not being overwritten if it already exists.
5. A script is triggered
Code:
texturecache.py qax movies @qaperiod=-1 @qa.nfo.refresh=30
This detects that I modified only 5 files, and updates those.

But, right now it's updating all 100 movies. This takes a long time, and makes browsing the library impossible since all videos are being moved around, removed/readded, etc. It's also replacing the posters with a thumbnail, despite the poster.jpg existing on the folder of the video (this can be fixed with 'context > information > refresh' but then again the whole point of this is to entirely automate this menu for all movies that need it, so doing this is missing the point).

(2016-11-28, 15:15)Milhouse Wrote: However if you're refreshing everything, why not just delete MyVideos and rescan the library? You can backup/restore watched statuses with:

I think doing this would get the result that I'm having right now, when I'd like just a quick near-silent update on only the .nfo that were modified recently.

edit: ok, so I understand this better now. What happened is that, in fact, all of these .nfo had been modified during the last 30 days. I add videos all the time, so resorting to the 30 day time scope is not ideal. I'm gonna retort to 1 and see how that goes (can't try it now since they've all been modified today haha). So what's left to ask is 1. is there any other way I could mark a group of .nfo to be updated other than by reading the modified date? 2. how do I fix the poster issue?

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by firewater - 2016-12-11, 22:12
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17