[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
Again thank you very much for the response.

(2016-12-12, 01:25)Milhouse Wrote: Can you provide the before and after poster artwork urls for one of your movies that loaded a thumbnail?

Although if a thumbnail is replacing a poster, that's down to the scraper you are using - the script is only telling kodi to remove the movie, then perform a video rescan (library update). Whatever is being scraped in is down to Kodi and the scraper you are using, the script has no involvement in what metadata is created during a library update.

I don't think there's an url, because it's all done manually and offline. Basically my process is that I make the folder for the movie, add a poster.jpg file, and then launch Kodi. Then, Kodi adds it with a scrapper called the 'Stupid Movie Scraper', which merely adds videos under their filename, and scraps nothing (later the .nfo is created through the process explained above, in which they're exported next to the poster.jpg file). This scraper works fine for posters, and it only ever uses the thumbnail as one when there is no poster.jpg file... any ideas on what's happening?

(2016-12-12, 01:25)Milhouse Wrote: 1. No. Movies (and TV show episodes) fail QA for a number of configurable reasons (defaults being: missing artwork, missing plot, missing mpaa). Movies/Episodes will be removed/rescanned whenever they fail QA
Wait, I don't know what QA is, but what I gather from this is that this whole update thing can be triggered if something inside the .nfo is missing, like <mpaa></mpaa>, right? This is such a stretch, but I'm gonna ask anyway: can it do the opposite, as in, detect that an <update></update> tag is present, and then update those? This would only really be useful if there was a way to automate the removal of this tag after updating though.

(2016-12-12, 01:25)Milhouse Wrote: 2. I'll need to see the before/after artwork urls (texturecache.py jd movies <somemoviename>). If you had a remote poster, and a local thumbnail, then it's possible the scraper will use the local thumbnail and replace the poster during remove/rescan. However without knowing what you had before, and what you have now, I can't really say what or why the scraper has replaced the poster with a thumbnail.

Oh, that's what you mean with url, ok. Well I ran the command with a movie that got the poster replaced (which really is all of them minus the ones that are foldered DVD/Blu-ray... like video_ts and such)

Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi (Video)\portable_data\userdata>texturecache.py jd mo
vies Teorema
[
  {
    "art": {
      "thumb": "image://video@M:\\Media\\Video\\Single\\Teorema\\Teorema.mkv/"
    },
    "file": "M:\\Media\\Video\\Single\\Teorema\\Teorema.mkv",
    "label": "Teorema",
    "movieid": 593,
    "title": "Teorema"
  }
]

I tried with the DVD/Blu-ray ones, but they don't seem to be recognized (so probably they never updated to begin with... bug?)

There's no phyisical local thumbnail by the way. All the files each folder has is the video, the .nfo, and the poster.jpg. Not sure what a remote poster is, but I don't think it applies (sounds like it's for people who have Kodi or the videos separated on a different hardware/network, while I run both videos and Kodi from the same computer).

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by firewater - 2016-12-12, 06:57
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17