[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2016-12-12, 22:16)firewater Wrote: I think the behaviour for 'make a thumbnail if no poster exists' is a Kodi function. Don't think scrapers have any say on that part... like, if someone wanted to code a scraper that didn't do anything if no poster is found, I don't think that's possible because Kodi as a program does the thumbnail extraction as a separate thing.

Yes, it's Settings > Media settings > Videos > Extract thumbnails from video files.

Kodi is only extracting the thumbnails because your scraper isn't setting any other suitable artwork (ie. a poster).

(2016-12-12, 22:16)firewater Wrote: And I'm pretty sure it's something about this script, or maybe some setting of mine, because again the scraper always detects the posters in other scenarios, and because I just tried removing my library, and then readding it with the Kodi default .nfo scrapper (not the same as the 'Stupid Movie Scraper'), and then running the texturecache.py script, and the same thing occurred.

The script has nothing to do with what metadata is actually scraped. The script will delete the movie, then instruct Kodi to perform a library update which should hopefully re-scrape the movie that has just been deleted. This should produce the same results as the "Refresh" button on the movie Info page. How and what Kodi scrapes is entirely down to the scraper you are using for the source being scraped, and how you have configured Kodi (eg. extract thumbnails).

Can you provide metadata details of a movie (ie. "jd movies <moviename>") before running "texturecache.py qax", and the metadata after qax, and also the directory contents for the movie? A debug-log from kodi showing the movie scan would also be helpful.

(2016-12-12, 22:16)firewater Wrote: So is there any command that updates the artwork for these updated .nfos? I could run it along with the other one and it'd be fixed I think.

If your artwork is correctly named, and is supported by the scraper, then it should be found and set on each movie automatically. Note that most Kodi scrapers only support limited artwork types (eg. fanart, poster) - if you need anything more exotic than that you'll need an add-on such as Artwork Downloader, or mklocal.py script.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by Milhouse - 2016-12-12, 22:43
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17