[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2017-02-20, 21:20)Milhouse Wrote: Hi @marcelveldt - I don't think so, as that's another dependency I'd rather not have, to be honest (plus your add-on would need to provide some sort of JSON interface - the texturecache.py script is not an add-on). The current omdbapi implementation is working fine (so long as OMDB is available) and with it I can probably access the omdb data much faster (using multiple threads, up to 20 is allowed/supported by omdbapi.com) than I could via Kodi which is running another script (and may be running on a low-end device, so much more work for the same end result).

Caching is a valid concern, and I hope people don't hammer omdbapi.com by using the imdb option on a too regular basis - I think running the imdb option once a week should be enough. I myself have it scheduled to run imdb on a Sunday, once for movies and then again for tvshows.

Ah, I see. Makes sense. I can provide you that json interface but like you said, a python service within Kodi will probably be much too slow for the purpose. Maybe indeed just inform users to not abuse the service for the sake of server capacity. OMDB info is refreshed no more than 14 days anyways.

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by User 224999 - 2017-02-24, 14:02
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17