[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2017-05-08, 21:34)Milhouse Wrote:
(2017-05-08, 13:47)johnnychicago Wrote: On running the "missing" function, texturecache flashes these 'Loading TV show: xyz, season 8...' type of messages. When called from cron, it seems like these messages all go into the cron email, clogging up the actually wanted output of the script (the list with missing files). Is there a way to force texturecache to a terse output mode where this is just not printed to the console?

Anything you don't want to go into the cron email you need to redirect to /dev/null. The "Loading TV show" messages are being output to stderr (file handle 2) so add "2>/dev/null" to the end of your cron commands.

Ah - I could've thought of that. Thanks.

Quote:Yes, the "missing" option needs to be a bit smarter with DVD folders. For now you could just ignore these files by piping the output through "grep -v "/VIDEO_TS/""

That's precisely what I've been doing. Good to hear that it's a quirk of the tool, not something missing in my setup.
Quote:
(2017-05-08, 13:47)johnnychicago Wrote: Lastly, I seem to have trouble generating nfo files for Movies that cannot be found by the scraper. Rather unrelated to texturecache, but if there's a good command line program to generate simple nfo's that kodi will scan, I'd love to hear about that.

I'm not aware of one, sorry.

I've just found http://nfo-maker.com/, which serves for the odd file here or there. Still looking for something more competent, there's a few hundred lines in my cron email Smile Just realized as well that once one adds an nfo file, one has to touch the move file to make vscan pick it up the next time.

Anyway - thanks a lot for the tool, and for your help.

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by johnnychicago - 2017-05-09, 08:57
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17