[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2017-07-08, 22:10)Milhouse Wrote: Correct, Kodi will only cache the urls that are in your media library. If you've got local artwork it will be ignored until you replace the remote artwork urls with your local urls - that's what mklocal.py is for, although mklocal.py doesn't make any changes to your library. You use mklocal.py to generate the remote-to-local changes that you then apply to your media library using texturecache.py - if you don't apply those changes (using "texturecache.py set") then nothing will be changed in your media library. It sounds like you're not running this final step.

Thank Milhouse, I was in fact not doing that last step....
My reasoning was flawed, because the 1st time I tried to run the mklocal.py and texturecache.py, I was running it from within the Synology and I was getting an error as it was not able to find the Texture database....

Once I ran it from my windows machine running Kodi, it downloaded everything fine ...
I did not ran the "set" command because I was not sure of the outcome and didn't want to corrupt my database ...
So I thought that it was only modifying the Texture database and not the MyVideo## database....

So today, I backed up my database, and ran the command
Code:
type fixup.dat | texturecache.py set
from a Windows DOS Command Prompt
And voila !! all is good

thanks a bunch once again !

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by Buhric - 2017-07-09, 04:12
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06