[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2017-10-07, 17:23)Milhouse Wrote:
(2017-10-07, 13:27)Bmn2016 Wrote: As this isn't ideal in all cases, you can build an image file with
the same name and the special extension ".tbn", place it in the folder together
with the video, and achieve by this way that from now on this will "override"
KODIs mechanism of creating a thumbnail for this particular video by itself
<file-name>-thumb.jpg also works.

tbn is the old image extension which is pretty unfortunate as pretty much nothing other than Kodi understands it, and having to give a jpg a tbn extension then makes it more difficult to preview in the OS or image apps.

(2017-10-07, 13:27)Bmn2016 Wrote: So there must be an entry anywhere in the textures13.db file that somehow
"survives" all these methods! Other "untouched" KODI machines which are also
connected to the MySQL-database had no issues with this, so I guess the problem
can't be related to the MyVideo.db file.

There isn't.

The "thumbnail extraction from video" process is a separate process to normal library image scraping and caching, and happens only when BOTH of the following settings are enabled (tested with latest Kodi 18a1):

Settings > Media > Videos > Extract video information from files
Settings > Media > Videos > Extract thumbnails from video files

If either setting is disabled then no thumbnail extraction will take place.

IMHO "Extract video information from files" should not need to be enabled in order to extract thumbnails, and would therefore appear to be a Kodi bug. If you feel strongly about it, open a ticket on trac.kodi.tv.

(2017-10-07, 13:27)Bmn2016 Wrote: This strange behaviour is reproducable, and I would like to find out how I can use the script to solve the problem at first hand - has anyone a clue?

Enable both "Extract" settings.
Liike schumi2004 (see previous posting) I've noticed the same behavior, too. Even when both settings "Media > Videos > Extract video information from files" and "Media > Videos > Extract thumbnails from video files" are enabled, KODI (tested with Krypton v17.4) won't create a thumbnail for a video by itself anymore afterwards there has been a <file-name>-thumb.jpg in the past which is now deleted.

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by Mr.Floppy - 2017-10-28, 23:31
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17