[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2017-12-04, 16:39)CaptainKen Wrote: Does the AD issue have to do with this post from Shedrock?

Hard to say - Artwork Downloader has many issues due to lack of maintenance, so I'd suggest using Artwork Beef instead which is actively maintained.

(2017-12-04, 16:39)CaptainKen Wrote: I was hoping that TC, would cache it, but no luck. This is what I run regularly from a DOS batch file, perhaps I'm not using the correct command:

This script will only cache what is already in your media library. If Artwork Downloader isn't adding local artwork to your media library then there is nothing for Texture Cache to cache. You could use mklocal.py as an alternative to Artwork Downloader/Artwork Beef if you only want to load/associate local artwork.

(2017-12-04, 16:39)CaptainKen Wrote: The 2nd issue is the it's reporting errors indicating that some *-thumbs.jpg aren't valid. I've confirmed that this is true for some media, but not for all that it shows. The ones that it claims are missing, but are there can be opened and viewed so they aren't corrupt.
I can't tell anything from your logs as they are not complete - I think you have "logfile.verbose = no" which removes a lot of useful information.

It would help if you mentioned which files the script claims are missing, but you are sure exist. Otherwise I don't know which ones are being correctly flagged as missing.

If the script is not able to cache artwork then you should look in your kodi.log for any errors as it is Kodi that is not able to download the artwork.

(2017-12-04, 16:39)CaptainKen Wrote: I was also under the impression that TC would create the missing ones.
If you mean associate new local artwork with movies - no, that's the job of mklocal.py (or Artwork Downloader/Beef etc.).

If you mean replace an already cached version of an image then yes, the script will do that - so long as Kodi is able to download/access the artwork.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by Milhouse - 2017-12-05, 08:43
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17