[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2018-09-26, 18:22)Milhouse Wrote:
(2018-09-26, 16:13)ctawn Wrote: The odd thing is that when browsing the Movie library, the fanart and posters are shown. So the image files must be accessible somewhere.
Did you copy the Textures13.db and Thumbnails folders from your old machine to your new machine? The new machine will be finding and displaying the cached artwork.
I had indeed copied the whole userdata folder to a new machine. But I think this problem occurred on a previous migration, and was still using even older cached images. Lesson learned: Export Library is either useless, or I did it very wrong.
(2018-09-26, 18:22)Milhouse Wrote: Use mklocal.py - link at the bottom of the first post. You can use it to correct the artwork paths in your library. 
Seemed a little complicated to me with a big potential for error, so I refreshed every movie & tvshow in Kodi one by one. Tedious but I think it's a done.  Now how can I check?  How do I search all fanart and posters for a substring of the image:// path (pointing to the old stale media card) given in "fanart" and "poster"?

Then, how to purge all images containing the same substring of the path ("/media/sdcard/Library Exports/xbmc_videodb_2015-10-24") from Textures?

I ran "./texturecache.py p" and there are plenty… But also plenty of images that should be there, like backgrounds and addon & skin images. Also ran " ./texturecache.py s videodb_2015" and still pretty much all of them there.

Summary goals:

1. Verify that all fanart and posters now point to internet URLs (or images on accessible local file system).
2. remove all stale images from Textures DB that point to that old sdcard path, but only if they're totally orphaned. Smile

Thanks! (And BTW thanks again for this excellent utility and for your willingness to answer similar usage scenario questions over and over no doubt…)

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by ctawn - 2018-09-28, 14:08
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17